Below are posted the preliminary, unofficial bond and override results from the November 2011 election (as of November 9, 2011). Results will be updated when all election returns are finalized in early December 2012.
Several observations can be made:
- A higher percentage of bond projects was approved than of budget override measures. (Ten of fifteen bond issues approved at 67%; fifteen of thirty-seven overrides approved at 41%).
- Maricopa county passed 100% of its seven bond measures and only seven of the sixteen (44%) overrides.
- Pima county passed 100% of its bond measure–though only one bond measure was on the ballot–and four of six (67%) override measures;
- Pinal county passed only one of its four bond measures (25%) and passed none of the five override measures on the ballot.
- Of the remaining outlying counties one of three bond measures (33%) was approved while four of ten override requests passed (40%).
| NOVEMBER 2011 BOND & OVERRIDE ELECTION RESULTS SUMMARY
Arizona School Districts
|PRELIMINARY, UNOFFICIAL RESULTS – check for updates in December 2011|
|Agua Fria UHSD||$31,600,000||Pass||56.10%|
|Casa Grande ESD||$29,000,000||Fail||45.70%|
|Toltec ESD||Bond Repurposing||Fail||32.90%|
|SANTA CRUZ COUNTY|
|Round Valley USD||15% M&O||Fail||42.10%|
|Douglas USD||10% M&O||Fail||30.10%|
|Wilcox USD||10% M&O||Pass||54.20%|
|Page USD||15% M&O||Fail||29.80%|
|Pima SD||15% M&O||Fail||8.60%|
|Duncan USD||10% M&O||Pass||54.30%|
|Morenci USD||10% M&O||Pass||78.20%|
|Buckeye UHSD||10% M&O||Pass||unavailable|
|Cave Creek USD||15% M&O||Fail||44.20%|
|Creighton ESD||15% M&O||Fail||44.70%|
|Creighton ESD||10% Capital||Fail||44.40%|
|Fowler ESD||15% M&O||Pass||58.90%|
|Gila Bend USD||10% M&O||Fail||41.80%|
|Kyrene ESD||10% Capital||Pass||Unavailable|
|Liberty ESD||10% M&O||Pass||56.40%|
|Littleton ESD||15% M&O||Pass||55.80%|
|Madison ESD||15% M&O||Pass||54.30%|
|Paradise Valley USD||10% Capital||Pass||Unavailable|
|Phoenix UHSD||10% Capital||Fail||48.00%|
|Nadaburg USD||10% M&O||Fail||20.60%|
|Roosevelt ESD||15% M&O||Fail||45.60%|
|Saddle Mountain USD||10% Capital||Fail||40.50%|
|Tolleson ESD||10% Capital||Fail||36.20%|
|Continental ESD||15% M&O||Pass||53.80%|
|Flowing Wells USD||10% M&O||Pass||58.40%|
|Marana USD||10% M&O||Pass||51.50%|
|Sunnyside USD||10% M&O||Fail||46.70%|
|Tanque Verde USD||5% M&O||Fail||43.10%|
|Vail USD||10% M&O||Pass||55.70%|
|Show Low USD||10% M&O||Fail||36.50%|
|Florence USD||15% M&O||Fail||34.50%|
|J.O. Combs||10% M&O||Fail||35.40%|
|J.O. Combs||5% M&O||Fail||34.10%|
|Maricopa USD||15% M&O||Fail||32.00%|
|Toltec ESD||10% M&O||Fail||19.10%|
|SANTA CRUZ COUNTY|
|Nogales USD||10% M&O||Fail||39.20%|
|Clarkdale-Jerome ESD||10% M&O||Pass||59.30%|
Click here to read about one school district’s reaction to its defeated bond and override measures.
Click here to read about Flagstaff Unified School District’s use of current bond/override funds and their plans for future requests to voters.
Tags: Arizona November 2011 election, Arizona November 2011 election returns, Arizona override election results, Arizona schools, bond election results, bond measures, budget overrides, election results, Flagstaff Unified School District, FUSD, November 2011 election returns, override election results, override measures, overrides, public school budgets, results November 2011 election, school bonds